SIGGreen Pre-ICIS Workshop 2022
SIGGreen is the AIS Special Interest Group on Green Information Systems. SIGGreen provides a platform for those in our discipline who are concerned with how information systems can help reduce human impact on the natural environment – one of the greatest challenge of your time. SIGGreen recognizes that the Information Systems (IS) discipline can have a central role in creating an ecologically sustainable society because of the field’s five decades of experience in designing, building, deploying, evaluating, managing, and studying information systems to resolve complex problems.
The Pre-ICIS Workshop provides an annual forum for the breadth of sustainability research in IS and thus contributes to further developing this important IS research domain. We invite papers employing a wide variety of methods. We welcome empirical (qualitative and quantitative), design-oriented, and theory development research papers.
Interested authors submit extended abstracts (paper template provided) which will be peer-reviewed by at least two expert reviewers. Successful abstracts will be shared with other workshop participants. After the pre-ICIS workshop, authors are invited to submit a final paper incorporating feedback. Workshop papers will be published as workshop proceedings on AIS Electronic Library (AISeL).
Authors who submit extended abstracts to the SIGGreen workshop are also eligible and invited to submit their full papers to the Communications of the Association for Information Systems (CAIS) special section on Digital Innovation for Social Development and Environmental Action (deadline: October 31st) as well es to the ECIS2023 conference theme track Co-creating Sustainable Digital Futures (deadline: November 17th).
- October 2nd: Submission of extended abstracts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 4rd: Pre-screening, desk-rejects. and reviewer assignments
- October 18th: Peer reviews due
- October 20th: Notification of acceptance
- December 11th: Workshop
- January 31st: Submission of full workshop papers for publication on AISeL (optional)
Formatting Requirements for Extended Abstracts
- title page + page break
- max. 2 pages text including all figures and tables + page break
Use Workshop Template
Reviewing & Discussion
- Each submission will receive two peer reviews (unblinded)
- For each submitted article, the author team commits to review at least two other papers
- Reviewers will also be asked to serve as discussants at the workshop
See Reviewing Guidelines
Workshop Co-Chairs (SIGGreen Executive Board)
Gilbert Fridgen (SIGGreen President)
University of Luxembourg
Jacqueline Corbett (SIGGreen President-Elect)
Université Laval, Canada
Johann Kranz (SIGGreen Past President)
University of Hohenheim