Welcome to the Special Interest Group on Decision Support and Analytics (SIGDSA) – The International Society for Decision Support and Analytics!
AIS SIGDSA provides networking opportunities for people who conduct research, develop and/or teach about any type of decision support/analytics, knowledge management or data management systems intended to support managers and decision-makers. Members discuss issues related to the design, history, theory, practice, methods and techniques, new developments, and applications of computing technologies to support decision processes and decision-making by individuals, groups, and organizations.
Recognition for AIS SIGDSA
On April 17, 2018, Association for Information Systems (AIS) has honored SIGDSA as an Outstanding SIG, Chapter, or College for 2017. We did it again! This is the fourth consecutive year that SIGDSA has been recognized as an Outstanding AIS Community (2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017). We would like to thank all our officers, members, sponsors, and partners for their continuous efforts, time, and contributions.
Upcoming SIGDSA Events:
- SIGDSA will be conducting a symposium prior to the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2019), which is scheduled to be held in Munich, Germany starting December 15-18, 2019. This year’s theme is “Inspiring mindset for Innovation with Business Analytics and Data Science”. Deadline for authors for manuscript submission for SIGDSA symposium is September 23rd, 2019 (11:59 pm PST). This is an extended deadline. The previous deadline was September 10th. Please visit this website for more details including calls for paper.
Most Recent Events
- 2018 Pre-ICIS SIGDSA Symposium was successfully held in San Francisco, California on December 12-13, 2018. Visit the symposium website for more information. Thank you for joining us in San Francisco!
- On Sunday, December 10, 2017 SIGDSA successfully conducted the 2017 Pre-ICIS SIGDSA Symposium in Seoul, South Korea. The 2017 Pre-ICIS SIGDSA Symposium brought together academic and industry experts and professionals who share a common passion for research and pedagogy innovations in the field of business analytics and decision support science! This Symposium was a joint collaboration of the Association for Information Systems and Special Interest Group on Decision Support and Analytics (SIGDSA).
- 2016 Pre-ICIS SIGDSA/IFIP WG8.3 Symposium: Innovations in Data Analytics Sunday, December 11, 2016 in Dublin, Ireland. For more information on Pre-ICIS Symposium, we request you to visit the symposium website.
- 2015 Business Analytics Congress was held December 12 to December 13th from 8am to 5pm (Omni Fort Worth Hotel, Texas, USA). Program Schedule for the event is available here: Keynote Speaker for the event was: Sherri Zink, Senior VP, Chief Data and Engagement Officer, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. For more information visit the Congress website.
- SIGDSA Annual Meeting at AMCIS 2015 was held August 14th (Friday), 6:00pm-8:00pm at Las Croabas B (First Floor), El Conquistador hotel (AMCIS Conference Hotel)
- DSS2014 and IDSS Open Conference were held 2-5 June 2014 at the Universite Pierre et Marie Curie – Campus Jussieu, Paris, France. This event was jointly sponsored by IFIP WG 8.3* and AIS SIGDSA.