About SIG Leadership in IT (SIGLEAD)
IS leadership is an important element of IS research, education, and practice because IS leaders sets directions, creates commitment, and adapts the IS unit to fit a changing environment. Unlike many information technologies, IS leadership is an enduring concern. It is an issue that should face organizations for many years because leadership has been a persistent concern of all societies and organizations. Firms that achieve sustainable IS leadership are more likely to develop superior capabilities in IS gain and gain a considerable competitive advantage.
The mission of the AIS Special Interest Group on IS Leadership (SIGLead) is to:
- Encourage and promote the study of IS leadership.
- Create a forum for the discussion, exchange, and dissemination of information on IS Leadership.
Topics covered by SIGLead include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Educating and developing IS leaders
- Creating sustainable IS leadership
- IS leadership research
- IS leadership readiness assessment
- Attributes of effective IS leaders
- IS technological leadership
- Impact of IS leadership on firm performance
- Types of IS leadership