The mission of SIGDSA is:
To facilitate the exchange, development, communication, and dissemination of information about Decision Support, Analytics, Collaboration, and Knowledge Management Research and teaching issues in business, management, and organizational contexts among AIS members and in the larger community of IS/IT practitioners and scholars.
In Fall 2003, the by-laws of AIS SIG DSS were in the drafting process and an agreement was reached to merge the International Society for Decision Support Systems (ISDSS) with SIG DSS. As part of the merger, Clyde Holsapple (U. Kentucky) and Andrew Winston (U. Texas-Austin) joined the SIG DSS Advisory Board and in December 2003 AIS Council accepted our group’s by-laws formally creating AIS SIG DSS: ISDSS.
In Spring 2014, the SIGDSS board approved to rename the organization to SIGDSA (Special Interest Group on Decision Support and Analytics) to reflect the increased role of Analytics.
Information regarding Officers of SIGDSA can be found here. Bylaws of SIGDSA can be found here.
- Association for Information Systems (AIS) has honored SIGDSA as an Outstanding SIG, Chapter, or College for 2019. This is the sixth consecutive year that SIGDSA has been recognized as an Outstanding AIS Community (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019). We would like to thank all our officers, members, sponsors, and partners for their continuous effort and time. Come join us!
Upcoming SIGDSA Events:
- The 2020 Pre-ICIS SIGDSA Symposium will be held on December 12-13 in conjunction with the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2020). Due to Covid-19, the symposium will be held virtually. This year's symposium theme is “Addressing Global and Grand Challenges with Analytics”. More information regarding this can be found here.
Recent SIGDSA Events:
- 2019 Pre-ICIS SIGDSA Symposium was successfully held in Munich, Germany on December 15-18, 2019. The theme of the symposium was “Inspiring mindset for Innovation with Business Analytics and Data Science”. More information about it can be found here.
- 2018 Pre-ICIS SIGDSA Symposium was successfully held in San Francisco, California on December 12-13, 2018. Visit the symposium website for more information.
- On Sunday, December 10, 2017 SIGDSA successfully conducted the 2017 Pre-ICIS SIGDSA Symposium in Seoul, South Korea. The 2017 Pre-ICIS SIGDSA Symposium brought together academic and industry experts and professionals who share a common passion for research and pedagogy innovations in the field of business analytics and decision support science! This Symposium was a joint collaboration of the Association for Information Systems and Special Interest Group on Decision Support and Analytics (SIGDSA).
- 2016 Pre-ICIS SIGDSA/IFIP WG8.3 Symposium: Innovations in Data Analytics Sunday, December 11, 2016 in Dublin, Ireland. For more information on Pre-ICIS Symposium, we request you to visit the symposium website.
- 2015 Business Analytics Congress was held December 12 to December 13th from 8am to 5pm (Omni Fort Worth Hotel, Texas, USA). Program Schedule for the event is available here: Keynote Speaker for the event was: Sherri Zink, Senior VP, Chief Data and Engagement Officer, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. For more information visit the Congress website.
- SIGDSA Annual Meeting at AMCIS 2015 was held August 14th (Friday), 6:00pm-8:00pm at Las Croabas B (First Floor), El Conquistador hotel (AMCIS Conference Hotel).
- DSS2014 and IDSS Open Conference were held 2-5 June 2014 at the Universite Pierre et Marie Curie – Campus Jussieu, Paris, France. This event was jointly sponsored by IFIP WG 8.3* and AIS SIGDSA.